Campsites rather than Aires

Questions and information regarding aires in France and other places to park up and stay over

Campsites rather than Aires

Unread postby pa1booth » Thu Nov 05, 2015 18:06

Hi, I am looking at taking my motorhome down to france to ski at Easter. All the sites on here seem to be the Aires with no facilities. Has anyone found and used any actual campsites that are in-resort i.e walking distance of the lifts? I am not sure I am brave enough to stay somewhere with no facilities on my first winter trip! :shock:
pa1booth

Re: Campsites rather than Aires

Unread postby Barney2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 13:00

Hi - yes there are campsites in or close to resorts - also there are Aires with hook up which will make things easier on your first trip - if going at Easter may have to book?
Le Grand Bornand - La Clusaz - Samoens - Valloire - Venosc - Others around Les Arcs area - Bourg saint maurice - Aires at Montgnevre is excellent! 10 amps hook up ski preactically from and back to van - and water and dump are in a heated building -
Depends where you want to go - Others will be along to offer advice
Barney2

Unread postby Kev » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:12

A good Aire with Electricity should be fine
We had 8 weeks last year using only aires all over the place
. My advice is buy a book called All the aires France
If you are off anywhere other than France you could buy All the Aires Mountains

Invaluable
Kev
Kev

Unread postby Michelle63 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 23:34

We are driving down to Les Deux Alpes again this Easter. We will be staying at Champs du Moulin in Venosc. Lovely campsite and a short walk to the cable car up to the resort. Definitely worth a look.
Michelle63

Return to Aires