Tyrol Free/Wild Camping?

Questions and information regarding aires in France and other places to park up and stay over

Tyrol Free/Wild Camping?

Unread postby GavinK » Wed Nov 22, 2017 18:03

Hello everyone. I just found this site while trying to find some information on camping in my motorhome for free in the Tyrol region in Austria. I hope I've posted this in the right place.

I plan on driving over in the next couple of weeks and would like to visit Tyrol as I plan on spending the season out there and the snow card looks like amazing value! It will only be affordable if I'm able to stay in car parks and aires etc for free most of the time. So I'm wondering if anyone has much experience of this in the region. The card covers a lot of Tyrol so I'm hoping there are a few options that I can move between.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
GavinK

Re: Tyrol Free/Wild Camping?

Unread postby kathryn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 22:04

Excellent idea!
kathryn

Re: Tyrol Free/Wild Camping?

Unread postby kathryn » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06

We have been to the Tyrol region of Austria many times. We have stayed in campsites but have seen wild camping in the gondola station car park at Leogang (Saalbach/Hinterglemm/Fieberbrunn) for a relatively cheap price. We have also seen motorhomes overnighting in the large car park in Soll later in the season. We went there early season but as no others there we went to stay at the campsite Franzlhof in the village. Camping Franzlhof has some places just outside the campsite that look like they may be for overnighting, but not sure, perhaps others will know. At Camping Pettneu near St Anton, where they have en-suite pitch side sheds, there is also an area with hook ups but no sheds, so no washroom facilities, I think they are a bit cheaper than the rest of the site. We have also parked up for the day at the very large car park at Brixen (Wilder Kasier), not sure on overnighting. You do often see the odd one or two motorhomes that have been parked up overnight in the gondola station car parks, perhaps they just stay for one or two nights until they are noticed. The Tirol snow card is very good value and in Austria and it is so easy to get from one resort to another as so near, yet so varied. Wish we were there now! Have a great time!! 
kathryn

Return to Aires