restaurant in livigno query?

Questions and information regarding where to eat on the slopes and in the resort.

restaurant in livigno query?

Unread postby leonsephton » Tue Nov 20, 2012 20:50

Wondering if any other members can give me some info or if it rings any bells with them,i am trying to find out about the old fashioned rustic type restaurant in livigno ,i think its goiong out of town towards the munt la schera tunnell by the lake,we were told about it by a couple who were at camping pemont when we stayed there a couple of years ago. i have forgotten there names [must be an age thing] but they were in a smart tag axel hymer .anyhow im sure someone will be able to put me on the right track, cheers leon.
leonsephton

Re: restaurant in livigno query?

Unread postby nero2015 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 09:42

This thread is bit dated but I can tell you that I once had a fantastic evening in just such a place. It was in about 1998 but I bet it's still going. I was with a group staying in Livigno town. we were all collected via skidoo and whisked up the mountain by moonlight. that was just the begining - what a thrill. we must have been 2-300 meter higher than the valley in a rustic chalet all seated at a huge table. it felt as though we'd wandered in to Heidi's house. The food was delicious. slices of meet pickles and cheeses were brought out, which we cooked ourselves on hot flat stones running down the table centre. there was some entertainment but i cant remember what.

after all of that i can't tell you where it was im afraid but definitely worth hunting out on google.
great night, even without the grapa.
nero2015

Unread postby leonsephton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 21:47

Hi Nero, i think that one is Tea Borcht that's about 300 yards up from the main Caresello gondola ,when you ski to it and have a couple of beers the only way down is a very short quite steep Black run that gets icy after lunch!!.
i think the place im thinking of is La Calcheira its a bit off the beaten track and we did not get there last January ,we didn't go in the mo-ho and the hire car didn't have snow tyres so it never moved for a week, must try to get to it next time!!!
leonsephton

Unread postby nero2015 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 23:05

thanks for tips leon. i'm hoping to get back there in the m/h during march so this could be useful info. cheers
nero2015

Unread postby leonsephton » Mon Jan 11, 2016 07:39

Best tip I can give you is get booked in at Camping Pemont, we have stopped there half a dozen times and I can't praise it enough
Have a good unn.
leonsephton

Unread postby nero2015 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 08:29

thanks leon. will do. it gets great reviews.
nero2015

Unread postby Kev » Fri Nov 04, 2016 13:51

We went to Livigno in 1976
The whole town was like that
All old wooden buildings and barns and cow sheds
Not been since
Kev

Return to Eating out